building process — how do online meetings work?
Skilpod offers you the opportunity to book an online meeting with one of our Skilpod experts as the first step in your buying process. Why do we do that? And what can you expect? How does such a meeting work?
why we offer online meetings
The main reason why we offer online meetings is because we know that modular prefab construction is not yet a familiar concept to everyone. Some people doubt whether a prefab house is for them, don't really see what the possibilities are, wonder if a modular house is allowed on their building plot, etc.
A quick online meeting allows us to answer all those questions for you, so you can decide without much time and effort whether we are the right party to realize your building dream.
In addition, there are some more benefits of meeting online:
- You don't have to waste time and gas to travel to Geel or Lokeren. And every trip we save is a bonus for nature.
- You can choose your own time via our planner tool, without having to mail, call, search for opening hours....
- We can easily share documents, such as floor plans, information about your plot, the specifications...
- We can also talk to you at times when our workshop and showhouses are closed or not accessible.
how does a meeting work?
- You book a meeting at a time of your choice via our online planner. Choose the option "online appointment". For now the online planner is only available in Dutch.
- You get a confirmation that your meeting is booked. This confirmation does not yet include a link to the meeting, which will be sent to you separately by your Skilpod expert.
- If you already have documents you want to discuss, e.g. regulations or plans for a plot, you can send them to your Skilpod expert before the meeting. This is of course not mandatory, but gives us the opportunity to do some research if necessary.
- You receive a reminder 48 hours before your scheduled meeting. If for some reason you don't have time for the meeting, you can still cancel via the link in the reminder e-mail.
- When your meeting starts, click on the meeting link sent to you by your Skilpod expert. Your computer then asks you if you want to use the meeting software or participate via your browser (e.g. Chrome, Edge, Safari). You may choose whatever you find easiest. You do not need to download any software and can always participate via your browser. If you don't already have meeting software installed, the option via the browser is usually the fastest and easiest. If you can't access the meeting, you can always call your Skilpod expert at the number in your confirmation email.
- During the meeting, your Skilpod expert will briefly introduce himself and Skilpod and answer your questions.
- If you want to share something on the screen, e.g. a plan of your building site, you can do so through the meeting tool, or simply by emailing it to your Skilpod expert. He or she can then show the document on the screen as well.
- After the meeting, we'll send you additional documentation and remain available by email and phone for further questions. When you're ready for the next step, you can contact your Skilpod expert to schedule another meeting or visit.
If you have any problems or doubts at any time, you can always contact us via the general number 014 58 01 52 or via the number of your Skilpod expert, which you can find in your confirmation or reminder email.
can I schedule a meeting just like that?
Yes. Anyone that wants to build with Skilpod can schedule an online meeting. It doesn't matter if you are at the very beginning of your journey and do not know exactly what you want, or if you have already chosen your Skilpod, location and finish. The purpose of the online meetings is to help everyone move forward quickly and easily.
You don't have to email or call us separately. You may pick a time that is convenient for you directly through the online scheduler.
The only exception: if you have already had contact with a Skilpod expert, it is best to contact them via their email or phone for further appointments. If you go to the online scheduler through our website, you may find yourself booking a meeting with another Skilpod expert. Obviously, it is much easier for you if you can always speak with the same person.
do I need to already have a building plot?
No, that's not necessary. You can certainly already contact us if you are still in an exploratory phase. Planning a meeting can be a great help to you, because we can check with you whether Skilpod is a good match and what you should pay attention to when looking for a building plot.
who do I have a meeting with?
Your online meeting is always with a Skilpod expert. These are not pushy salespeople, but people with solid technical backgrounds in architecture, engineering or construction. They can answer your questions about the homes and the construction process. If you already have a building plot, they can also review the regulations for you and seek advice from the municipality later if necessary.
I'd rather come visit right away, is that possible?
Yes, you can also book a visit to the studio or the showhouse right away. This can be done via the same online planner. Choose the option "bezoek kijkwoning Lokeren" for the showhouse in Lokeren or "bezoek atelier & kijkwoning Geel" for a visit to our workshop and showhouse in Geel. In your confirmation e-mail you will receive the necessary information about parking, the contact details of your Skilpod expert, etc.
can I have a meeting in English?
Yes you can! Unfortunately, our current provider doesn't allow us to translate the meeting tool itself, but our experts can help you in English. If you have trouble with the tool, you can also just contact us by mail or phone to set up a meeting.
Please note that if you use the tool, the notifications regarding the meetings will also be in Dutch. We're working on a solution.
ready? let's go!
You can use the tool below to book an online or real-life meeting. Feel free to contact us if you want an online meeting, but prefer not to use the tool.
building process — what to look for when trying to find a building plot for your SkilpodSo you're sold on the Skilpod concept, but still looking for a piece of land? There are a few things you need to consider, but not as many as you might expect.01/09/2021
construction process — how do we install a SkilpodIt's spectacular and special: the installation of a Skilpod. Our customers always want to witness it when the moment arrives04/02/2022
building process — how do you know that you can trust SkilpodWe also watched the Pano documentary of February 2nd with growing frustration, anger and shock. How can you be sure you can trust us?